It’s Sunday so I’m doing a book tag! Today’s was created by Brin’s Book Blog!
WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE BOOK PET PEEVES?
I have so many more than three, but here are some of my bookish pet peeves:
- The fact that almost every YA book has to feature a heterosexual romantic sub-plot. Don’t even get me started on love triangles and instalove. I intentionally look for books that feature more diversity, so it’s no wonder that’s what my thesis is about.
- Those dramatic final sentences at the end of a chapter. I completely understand why authors do it and it does make me read the next chapter half of the time, but it makes me laugh as well. Especially if it’s intended to be dramatic, but really isn’t.
- I bet everyone hates this, but I hate it when my books get damaged, or the spine gets creased. I have received so many damaged books, but I never go through the trouble of returning them, since getting another copy would take ages. So, unfortunately, there are quite a few books on my shelves which aren’t in a perfect condition anymore.
Some obvious ones I have to mention are cover changes, stickers on book covers, movie covers, books with real people on them, different book heights… Okay, I’m critical, I know! Honestly, I had to stop myself because I could mention at least ten more!
DESCRIBE YOUR PERFECT READING SPOT
I don’t think I have a perfect reading spot. The only time of the day I get the chance to read, is right before I go to bed. But if I read lying down, especially on my side, I get tired so easily. I also love reading outside during the summer, but I can’t handle the heat long.
TELL US THREE BOOK CONFESSIONS
- I am a die-hard Harry Potter fan, but I watched most of the films before I read the books! But now, I have re-read the them multiple times already. Still, I have watched the films many times more.
- Sometimes, I delete people on Goodreads who gave my favourite book a very bad rating. I am all for different opinions and hate it when people attack me when they disagree with me. But, if I really disagree with them when it comes to my favourite books… Like, if I think their reasons are homophobic for example. Anyway, I would never do it the other way around. Never have I deleted someone when they liked a book I hated.
- I visit amazon.de daily and Book Depository and Wordery multiple times a week. I don’t buy a book every time though!
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED DURING A BOOK?
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, because it was so bad. JUST KIDDING! That made me roll my eyes and laugh because it was ridiculous, but not cry. I can’t remember when the last time I cried during a book was, but I do get emotional whenever I think about Claire (Outlander) and the Starks (ASOIAF), because I love them so much.
HOW MANY BOOKS ARE ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
At the moment FIVE! Normally, I only read one book at the time, but I couldn’t get into Vicious and The Fault in Our Stars (the latter is actually a re-read).
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SNACK TO EAT WHILE YOU’RE READING?
As I’ve said in one of the previous questions, I often read in my bed, and don’t eat there. But if I do, it’s either an apple, grapes or rice cakes.
NAME THREE BOOKS YOU WOULD RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin – I know those are very intimating, but if you love the TV adaptation, you will love them even more!
SHOW US A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKSHELF ON YOUR BOOKCASE
I rearrange my bookshelves quite often, because I am never completely happy with them. But here are some of my Bookstagram pictures I really like:
If you like these pictures, please check out my bookstagram account!
WRITE HOW MUCH BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN JUST THREE WORDS
ESCAPE. RELAX. OBSESSION.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST READING SECRET?
If it’s a secret, I shouldn’t tell you 😉 Honestly, I can’t really think of anything.
I hoped you liked this week’s tag. If you did, consider yourself tagged by me!
(written on 25 August 2016)