Happy Sunday, everyone! I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by I Am a Book Drunkard! Thank you so much for the nomination! I couldn’t find who created this award nor did I find badge, so I created one myself 🙂
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How romweasley started:
Back in September 2015, I started a BookTube channel. But I found filming videos and especially editing very time consuming, so I quit after posting only a handful of videos. In July 2016, I discovered that many people blogged about books as well. I’ve been active for quite a while on Goodreads and Instagram, but was looking for another way to talk about books. And blogging is perfect for me. It’s not as stressful as filming videos and it’s easier to connect with people.
Advice for new bloggers:
Well, I’m not a popular blogger myself, but there are some things I am passionate about while blogging:
- Always be honest. Don’t be afraid to talk about a book you disliked, even when many people love it. I get sad when I see people put a disclaimer at the beginning of a negative review. People have to learn that disliking a book does not mean that you dislike the readers who like it. So, speak your mind and don’t apologize when you express your unpopular opinions.
- Read books by diverse authors and/or about diverse characters and follow marginalised people on social media, including WordPress. Use your voice to talk about things that matter. Blogging should always be fun, but it can also be a platform to bring about change. Not everyone might like your message, but at least you are doing something good for this community.
Of course, you don’t have to do this tag if you don’t want to!